Nothing beats Homemade!!!!
Here are just a few basic D.I.Y. body scrubs to get you started on a journey of creating your own little bath store. I absolutely believe in taking care of my skin…it’s something I learned at a very young age from one of my sisters. Believe me...it pays off! D.I.Y. is a wonderful way to help keep costs down in this never ending process of keeping your skin youthful!
YOU ARE SO WORTH ITJ
Mint and Lime Sugar Scrub
Any time of year….a Sugar or Salt Scrub feeds your skin like no other! I love making this homemade Mint & Lime Scrub to feel ultimately REGENERATED! Olive oil has many health benefits….and for the skin……Incredible age defying results!
2 Bunches Mint leaves
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Olive Oil
1 Lime - First Zest your lime & reserve the zest…..them squeeze out 2 Tbs. of juice
1. Wash and blend a mint leaves along with lime juice.
2. Taking another container, add sugar and olive oil. Mix together.
3. Add the blended mint leaves and top off with some lime zest.
4. Apply to your legs and feet for an exfoliating, yet moisturizing scrub!
*Measurements will vary according to the type of scrub you want. If you want a more liquid, moisturizing scrub, use more olive oil. If you want your scrub to be more exfoliating, use more sugar.
Easy Sugar scrub recipe:
Energizing Salt Scrub Recipe
Are you ready for a slice of peaches & cheesecake heaven all rolled into one - delicious - dessert? THEN TRY THIS RECIPE!
Please share your feedback after you have!
This heavenly dessert brings back memories of old fashioned, easy desserts that Mom used to throw together with the simplest ingredients! I hope you treat yourself and your friends & family to this one. I've never left a house with a piece left on the plate!
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Butter, Softened
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Sea Salt (or regular salt)
1 21oz. Peach Pie Filling - with real sliced peaches
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
12 Oz. Softened Cream Cheese (1 & 1/2 8 oz. Pkgs.)
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 Tbs. Heavy Cream (you may use milk or half & half)...but the heavy cream is.....well....Heavenly!
First pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes!
1. Cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs one at a time & beat well. Beat in Vanilla.
2. In a small separate bowl combine flour and sea salt. Mix until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together sugar, vanilla & softened cream cheese until smooth. Add your eggs & beat until combined.
4. Grease your pan.... I used a 9 x 13...but you can use 2 smaller pans if needed but you may need to reduce bake time by 5-7 minutes.
5. Spread 3 cups of batter into the bottom of pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top & then spread with your peach pie filling. Now drop the remaining crust batter on top using a teaspoon.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if using a 9 x 13 pan. Cool for at least 1/2 hour.
7. Combine your ingredients for the glaze using a whisk...then drizzle or spread over the top!
OH MY GOODNESS - DELICIOUSNESS! Enjoy with Vanilla Ice Cream if you dare:)
Are you ready for a home that brings you peace and adds more clarity to your life?
YES, CLARITY! It’s a fact …..that CLUTTER causes depression, anxiety and even anger. Most people try and become mentally dis-associated with their surroundings if they are living in an un-organized or cluttered home. What’s the result? Feeling un-accomplished, blaming yourself or others for the mess or lack of discipline, feeling depressed that you aren’t making enough time for your home, and the list goes on!
Here’s the truth: Some people like to organize and some just don’t! Or they truly find it challenging…and….. Busy people are just that, BUSY, Making a living, raising their children…ad infinitum….are the VALID reasons (we think) why our homes or ourselves in some cases come LAST!! Ugh! Why should you or your home come LAST???
No guilt, no shame, YOU'RE WORTH IT! Just call me today to discuss getting cleaned up, organized and maintaining it! I KNOW YOU CAN!
The Domestic Stylist offers a free in-home consultation for affordable de-cluttering and organization services…..with a tried and true CUSTOMIZED METHOD for keeping it that way! Let’s get started today! MAKE THE CALL – 847/220-2629.
You’ll Actually Start To Do More Of What You Enjoy With The People You Love…In Your Own Clutter-Free Home!
My Sister Marybeth turned me on to these lovelies! She's such a teetotaler! Thanks MB! I love these. They couldn't be easier to make. I hope you like them too.
(Makes approx 16)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted chilled butter cut into 1/2" cubes
2 Tbsp sliced fresh basil leaves
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest
1/4 tsp kosher salt
Preheat oven to 375
Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until clumps form. Measure tablespoons of dough, roll to form balls. Place 2" apart on baking sheet.
Using bottom of flat small measuring cup, dusted with powder sugar to prevent sticking, press cookie a little flat. Sprinkle with course sugar,
Bake 20 min until edges are slightly brown. Transfer to wire rack.
Serve with iced or hot tea!