healthy meal is packed with vitamins & protein.
Tilapia are low in saturated fat, calories, carbohydrates and sodium, and are a good protein source. They also contain the micronutrients phosphorus, niacin, selenium, vitamin B12 and potassium.
not to mention, simply DELICIOUS!
Here's my spin on one of my favorite fish....but BEWARE - DO NOT BUY if the label says CHINA! Costa Rica & other regions are a safe bet for GOOD FISH!
2 Tilapia Filets
2 Cups Asian Veggies - such as baby corn, pea pods, mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, bamboo shoots or water chestnuts - or any veggies you like!
1 13.5 oz. Can of Coconut Milk or Lite Coconut Milk
2-3 oz. Green Curry paste
Ponzu Sauce or Low Sodium Soy Sauce - optional
1-2 Cups Black Rice - Cooked as directed
1. In a Skillet or Sauté Pan, place coconut milk & bring to a simmer.
2. Add green Curry Paste, stir till combined
3. Add all veggies and cook for approx. 5 mins. on medium heat.
4. Add tilapia filets and push veggies aside. Cook Tilapia until white throughout. You may break up or leave whole.
5. Place 1 cup of cooked black rice on each serving bowl or plate & top with Tilapia, Veggies & coconut milk sauce.
These CRABBY Hush Puppies are truly a crowd pleaser! Who are you rooting for.....or is it more about the F O O D?
Want to surprise your guests even more? Check out these fun SuperBowl 50 Fun Facts!
Here's the scoop on this MOUTHWATERING Finger Food:
1. In food processor, place all Remoulade ingredients. Process until mixture is smooth; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cilantro Avocado Slaw
Not only is this slaw over-the-top delicious....but it's packed with vitamins, nutrients and plenty of anti-oxidants that are soooooo good for your bod! This recipe is Vegan too!
I love this article on Avocado's alone. http://www.symptomfind.com/nutrition-supplements/health-benefits-of-avocados/
Who knew one little fruit could do so much! I eat at least 3-4 avocados each week, on salads, in smoothies or by the spoonful!
Broccoli contains a high amount of potassium, which helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as promotes regular muscle growth......and you know what they say about apples.....an apple a day keeps the doctor away!
Too many health benefits related to olive oil to mention.....So Here's the recipe. I eat this on fish tacos or as a light & simple side dish with almost anything!
2 Ripe Avocados
2 Cups Shredded Green Cabbage
1/4 Cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
1/4 Cup Shredded Carrot
1 Granny Smith Apple :) Shredded
1/4 Cup Shredded Broccoli Stems (Optional)
(Many Stores have Bagged Slaw already done...so if you want to speed this recipe up, buy two 10-12oz bags...throw into a bowl and start at step 2 below).
1 Lrg. Bunch Cilantro Leaves
1 Lrg. Clove Garlic
Juice of two limes or about 1/4 Cup Bottled Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or oild of your choice)
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Shred cabbage, apple and broccoli into a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel Avocados, cube one of them, add cubes to slaw mixture.
3. In a food processor, add 2nd avocado, garlic clove 1 tbs. olive oil, and 1/2 bunch of your cilantro. Process on low until smooth.
4. Add mixture to slaw and stir several times.
5. Chop remaining Cilantro & add to slaw. Stir to combine flavors.
5. Drizzle olive oil onto slaw then add the lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir again until combined.
6. TASTE!! If it needs more of anything.....add it! I always add more lime....sometimes even the zest if I'm feeling frisky! LOL