Simple. Colorful. Delicious. That about says it all in a nutshell for this garlicky, tender chicken dish packed with protein and flavor.....not to mention the vitamin C from the red peppers.
Here's the Ingredients for 4 Servings:
4 Chicken breasts - butterflied & pounded out to 1/4" thickness - seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides
1 Red pepper sliced into strips
1 Vidalia onion peeled & sliced
1 Cup frozen petite peas
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
Sea salt & crushed black pepper to taste
1/4 Cup white cooking wine (optional)
Some people would rather have their butcher do the work...so if you can, get him/her to pound out your chicken for you!
1. Add 2 Tbs olive oil to sauté pan with garlic cloves smashed.
2. Add onions & peppers...a little salt & pepper & sauté until onions start to turn slightly opaque. The salt helps "sweat" the onions. Remove from pan...put into small bowl for later.
3. Add chicken breasts to pan and cook for approximately 3-4 mins on each side on med-high until slightly brown on each side....add a little more olive oil if necessary.
4. Remove chicken to plate - set aside.
5. Add wine to pan & scrape bottom and sides to de-glaze pan. ...add peas and cook for 2 mins.
6. Add chicken, peppers and onions back to pan. Stir, make sure chicken is back to serving temp. Taste sauce...if you need to add more s & p....do it now. Better to have to add - than not being able to take away!
7. Serve Immediately. I sometimes add a sprinkle of parmesan or romano cheese to the top before serving. Excellent!