These fun drinks are packed full of vitamins and look delicious too!
Berry-licious Lime Rickey
Yield: 8-10 Servings
1. Heat the pomegranate juice and chopped berries in a small saucepan over medium heat until steam rises from the surface and a few bubbles have formed around the perimeter of the pan, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved and the mixture is no longer cloudy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the orange-flower water (if using) and let the syrup cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
3. Pour the chilled pomegranate-berry syrup, club soda, and lime juice into a 6-cup pitcher and stir gently to combine (stirring too vigorously will deflate the fizz). Float lime slices in the pitcher. Serve over ice with additional lime slices.
Honeydew Melon Bellini
Yield: 8-10 Servings
1. Combine the diced honeydew melon with the lime juice and sugar in a blender and blend until you obtain a smooth puree.
2. Strain the puree, chill for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
3. Pour the honeydew melon puree into champagne flutes or kid friendly cups, no more than half full.
4. Add the sparkling cider, club soda or sparkling water, pouring it gently to avoid making a bubbly mess.
5. Stir lightly and serve immediately. A nice skewer of melon or berries adds extra flare!
For another simple, fun & festive beverage on game day.....simply put frozen lemonade mix or berry lemonade mix in blender with lots of ice & blend to make a slushed drink, add some club soda - stir & top with one of these pretty skewers!
Enjoy & be safe on game day! REMEMBER.........Don't drink & drive!
2 Cups Whipping Cream or Heavy Cream
6 Cups Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 – 12 oz. Package White Chocolate Chips
Whipped Cream for garnish
Peppermint, Chocolate Sprinkles, Marshmallows or Cinnamon Sticks (Optional) It's fun to create your own Hot Chocolate "Accessory bar" by serving all of the above in little ramekins with espresso spoons!
Try this mouth watering recipe! You'll be glad you did. It's something different & delicious.
This morning I was thinking about what motivates me. I'm sure we all have a few things. Mine are simple...and have certainly changed over the years. My motivation these days is putting a smile on someone else's face, providing a warm and comfy home for my hubby, my French Bulldog Gizmo and family & friends that visit. Being the best person I can be today, fulfilling my goals, responsibilities and even dreams are HUGE motivators! Knowing today that it's up to me today to create the life I want today is all the motivation I need (on most days)!
I truly believe that each day is a beautiful opportunity to LIVE life to it's fullest! Whether your budget is large or small, there are so many wonderful things we can do to make our time on this planet count. I often find myself writing a card or letter to someone I'm missing or someone I know could use a little lovin;) Hand written cards in todays world of technology goes a LONG WAY! I know I love getting notes in the mail. It makes you feel good sending them;) Making a few phone calls each day to people near and far soothes my soul and also lets people know they matter! Have you figured out by now that I also LOVE exclamation points?
I try making at least one plan a week, whether it's a lunch, dinner or a movie with friends, or inviting someone for dinner. Staying connected is a vital part in my daily living. Humans were NOT meant to be alone! Make the time - even if you can only fit this in once a month. YOU deserve it!
The desire for organization in my life drives me & sometimes wakes me up with a list of "To Do's" in my head. Keeping my house clean, cozy & comfortable is something I take seriously! It's just a part of who I am. I remember as a kid....my mom's house was everyone's favorite! The local hang-out if you will, for the same reason...it was cozy! My mom was an inspiration to me of how to raise 6 girls on a budget, loving us all equally (some of my sisters might argue about this one) and keeping us as happy as possible. I miss her dearly!
Money is another good one....and unfortunately a necessary evil. I try to keep this in perspective today to my actual needs though - not necessarily on my wants. When I was in the corporate world, it seemed my mind was on a one way street, always looking for the next THING to buy to make me happy. I'm not saying I don't treat myself to nice things....I'm just saying I really try & analyze before buying. Do I really NEED this? Do I really LOVE this? or is it just a want to have? This ties in a great deal to the organization I want in my life today. The more SH@@ I have - the more crowded and unmanageable my life becomes!
I've spent a great deal this year PURGING......Drawers, cabinets, etc. I can tell you this.....it feels good! All the things I've described above are now matching my life goals and business design.
I am in love with helping others get organized, purging what they don't need and creating an environment they love to live in! Providing recipes, healthy and affordable meals & style advise is a bonus. I really love what I do and hope sometime soon I can help you do the same.
I hope you read and share this with your friends and start thinking about what motivates you. What are some things you'd like to change and what help do you need to achieve your goals? My contact page or e-mail is waiting! I'd really love to hear from you.
God Bless and may you make this week a REALLY GOOD ONE!!