Almond Joy Brownie Bites
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
2/3 cup almonds, chopped or sliced, plus more for sprinkling over top
½ cup milk chocolate chips
FOR COCONUT TOPPING:
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut; ½ cup reserved for sprinkling
6 ounce milk chocolate bar, like Hershey’s
1 tablespoon shortening or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray one 24 count (or two 12 count) mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwaveable bowl melt butter; whisk in sugar and salt, then egg, then cocoa an d flour until smooth. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Drop batter into muffin wells and bake 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly
3. Meanwhile make coconut topping by whisking eggs with sugar and vanilla then gently mixing in flour and coconut (except ½ cup reserved). Drop spoonfuls of the coconut mixture all on top of the brownies; pat out with moistened fingers. Sprinkle with reserved ½ cup coconut.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Completely cool in pan and then pop out using a knife or they may come out easily inverting pan onto wax or parchment paper.
5. Melt the chopped chocolate and shortening together using a double broiler or the chocolate setting on a microwave. Stir until smooth and allow to cool slightly. Dollop spoonfuls over the top of each brownie, repeating until all the chocolate is used. Top with Whole Almonds. Allow to set. If the chocolate stays sticky refrigerate for 20-25 minutes to set. Store in airtight container in a cool place.