Why not a QUICK & FUN Mexican meal? This is surely an EASY go-to weekday meal that the kids will even love! (If you have any). Make it a fun little buffet! Serve chips & salsa on the side...maybe a dish of Spanish rice & don't forget a few fresh lime wedges!
2 Heads Romaine - Diced
1 Cooked Chicken Breast (or Canned Chicken - Costco has the best)
1 can black beans - drained
1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
1 large tomato
1 1/2 cups corn kernels - (cooked)
1/2 Cup diced black olives
1 Cup Salsa - pick your favorite from a jar or make homemade!
1 Cup Guacamole - store bought is fine - or make your own
1 Cup Low-Fat (or Regular) Sour Cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
*You can also add a spicy ranch dip by combining 1 cup of ranch dressing with 1 tbs of taco seasoning. Pour over lettuce layers! YUMMMY!
1) Chop or dice lettuce, chicken, scallions, black olives.
2) In small bowl mix cooked chicken with 1 tbsp. taco seasoning.
3) Begin by layering (in tall fluted bowl) lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole, scallions, corn, etc.
4) Repeat.......reserve enough scallions, olives, tomatoes for garnish.
5) Top with sour cream, more guacamole, then garnish with remaining ingredients.....maybe even add a few whole scallions sticking out of salad for "eye appeal". Serve with tortilla chips!!
6) Most of all.......ENJOY THIS FAMILY TIME!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.