It's easy to make delicious, eye appealing meals IF you prep right. It's really important that you a) have all the needed ingredients & b) that you lay them all out on your counter or prep area so that everything you need is right at your fingertips! For the next week or so, I will walk you through, step by step, how to make 5 different meals that you can manage & that I hope you'll love! It's also important that you realize....THIS CAN BE FUN! Lose your fear of making mistakes.... It's just food! And as always..... You know how to reach me if you have any questions. Fill out a contact form or visit my Facebook Page!
Tonight we'll be making Stuffed Thick Cut Pork Chops with Spinach & Roasted Red Peppers with a side of Creamy Polenta with (or without) mushrooms! So here we go!
For the Chops.........
2 Thick Cut Pork Chops (at least 1 inch thick) Note: If you're making 4, double your stuffing ingredients!
2 cloves of garlic..... Peeled & coarsely Chopped
1/4 cup canola or extra virgin olive oil
3 Cups Leaf spinach
1 whole roasted red pepper (from jar) diced into medium pieces
2 tablespoons Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
Pork Rub for Fat (Optional)
For the Polenta................
1 Cup Instant Polenta
1 tsp sea salt
3 cups boiling water
1/2 cup heave cream or half & half
6 large mushrooms sliced
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1/4 Cup Parmesan or Romano Cheese
1. Slice into the pork chops on fat side to make a pocket for stuffing - lightly sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides and also inside. Rub a pork rub on the fat side only (outsides). SET ASIDE!
2. In a large frying pan or skillet, drizzle in oil & add the chopped garlic. Stir & sauté lightly (do not brown) until you smell the fragrance coming through. Add spinach, roasted red pepper, salt & pepper. Wilt the spinach for about 2 minutes...then remove from heat & transfer mixture to a small bowl to cool.
3. Using the same skillet, add one more drizzle of oil & saute your mushrooms for polenta with a bit of salt & pepper...cook until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
4. Now that the spinach is cooled...add the feta cheese & stir.
5. Stuff your pork chops with this mixture.
6. In the same skilled heat about 1 tbs oil on med-high heat. Place the pork chops in pan.....they should sizzle! If not - oil is not hot enough. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side on MED heat....also try & stand on fat side for a minute to sear in the pork rub. You'll thank me later;)
7. While the chops are cooking, prepare your "Instant Polenta"...by boiling 3 cups water in saucepan add salt & instant polenta....drizzle in heavy cream, add mushrooms, or peas & parmesan cheese, s & p! If you want it creamier (like I do...add a whole cup of heavy cream) Stir until desired consistency & turn on LOW. YUMMM!
8. Your pork chops should be done (test by cutting into one - if most of the pink is gone they're done. Remove from heat).
9. Serve! and make sure your burners are all off.
10. Watch my slideshow below for ideas! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!
1/13/2014 05:40:33 am
Really Nice informative post. I will have to try this. Always looking for a new way to make pork chops! Thank you.
1/18/2014 10:14:10 pm
The stuffed chops look delish! I've never done that before, I'm going to have to try it out!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.