For a Really Good, Home Made Appetizer on Super Bowl Sunday, Try this Fired Up Finger Food!
Whether you make your own dough or use store bought - these appetizers are a HIT on Game Day or any day for that matter! It's the unexpected Creamy, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Filling that make these so good.
Try them & Send me your feedback.
1 - 12.5 oz. can of Chicken Breast or 2 cooked chicken breasts - shredded
1/2 Pkg. (4 oz.) Cream Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese or Cheddar
1 Pgk. Pie Crust Mix or homemade dough for 2 crust pie
2 Tbs.Taco Seasoning
1/4 Tsp. Salt & Pepper
1/2 Cup Hot Sauce of your choice...I'm using Cholula
Blue Cheese Dressing
Hot or Mild Salsa for dipping
Celery Sticks - Optional
(See Pics Below)
1. In small bowl melt cream cheese in microwave - approximately 25 seconds on High.
2. Add chicken, taco seasoning, hot sauce, shredded cheese, S & P and combine well.
3. Prepare dough as directed (or use your own)... Roll 1/2 out on flat surface. Draw lines on crust where you want "Pockets" to be formed - you can do triangles, squares...or whatever shape you like.
4. Place Chicken filling 1/4 inch inside lines on dough.
5. Roll out remaining half of dough & cover your pockets.
6. With a pizza cutter or an edged roller - like I used....cut your pockets equally. If you're using an edged roller, it will seal the seams for you. If you use a pizza cutter....you'll need to pinch edges together yourself.
8. Bake for 15 minutes...then turn over & bake for an additional 15 minutes until slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven, Turn oven Off & Place Pockets on a serving platter with Your Salsa & Blue Cheese Dressings for dipping!