Whoa! I'm not sure I'm ready for this - but it's certainly time to start thinking about it! Are you ready for Spring? I certainly am & counting down the days. There's supposedly 32 Days and 2 hours until Spring....but who's counting?
Here's my Spring Cleaning Checklist! I hope it helps you get motivated. I'm the type of person that does MUCH better if I have a concrete list in front of me, so I can check my completed tasks off as I go. Don't worry ladies - there's plenty of things you can get your other half involved in. If you have to do it yourself.....do these in intervals. There's nothing like feeling completely EXHAUSTED after a whole day of chores and then playing the poor me role when you're done! YUCK.
Spring cleaning is really NOT intended to make you feel bad or achy. It's a beautiful way to welcome in another wonderful day on our great planet earth! Have fun, smell the clean, fresh air, play some of your favorite music to get you in the mood! Celebrate Spring, Celebrate YOU, Celebrate CLEAN! Our homes are an extension of ourselves!
Helpful Hint: Print this blog post (ctrl-P) for doing your own checking off! If you copy and paste into a new word doc, you can add or change to suit your house's needs.
Here we go:
* Good Bucket to hold the following supplies
* Multi Surface Cleaner (I love lemon scented)
* Mildly abrasive multi purpose cleaning powder for scouring sinks, bathtubs, etc.
* Household scrub brush
* Toilet brush
* PUMICE STONES ARE GREAT FOR TOILET RINGS!!
* Rubber - or latex gloves
* Re-Usable cleaning cloths (help the environment by not using paper towels)
* Ceiling Fan duster - with extender pole
* Dishwashing liquid - fill sink with sudsy water - to clean almost anything - and use to rinse cleaning towels
* Window cleaner (NEW AMAZING CLEANER...."I can see clearly, WOW"-leaves NO Streaks and you can safely clean sills and paint or vinal surfaces)
* White Vinegar - Organic (Diluted with water, vinegar is a household M.V.P. Use it for everything from laminate floors to chandeliers.)
* Dust Cloths
* Liquid Gold Furniture Polish or Orange glow are my favs - moisturizing furniture - leaving no streaks!
* Mop (or the fabulous steamer SHARK).
* Broom & Dustpan
* Paper towels only for finishing touches or the smaller things;)
* Boxes & Bins
* Garbage Bags
* Boxes for Charity!
LET'S GET STARTED! PLEASE, give yourself a weekend or two to complete! Rome wasn't built in a day.....this is just a guide to help you - not to overwhelm you!
* Clean & sanitize refrigerator inside & out...take everything out one shelf at a time.
* Clear counters of all clutter. Put things away & box stuff for donation if you're done with it!
* Wipe off all counters & cabinets (then use a furniture polish on cabinets for extra shine if yours are wood).
* Your furniture polish works wonders on hardwood floors once swept. Just spray on a swifter cloth & swift away! If doing by hand us an old bath towel.
* Clean oven inside & out
* Empty - yes I said empty each cabinet, wipe all debris from shelves & replace what you love - box your donations.
* Wipe down all appliances using a nicely scented all purpose cleaner
* Organize your telephone & communication gadget station & junk drawer.....you know you've got one (or two or three).
* Clean microwave inside & out (I use a small bowl of white vinegar (1 cup) & 1/2 cup water mixed. Put on high for 2 minutes. Removes all old odors & loosens debris for easy wipe-off).
* Wipe down all baseboards & ceiling fans
* Wash windows & sills
* Use a dishwasher cleaner solvent - turn to the on cycle & let that clean while you finish your chores
* Clean & organize countertops
* Clean mirrors & windows
* Clean sink & drain (use a small utensil brush to remove hair or other debris - pour 1/4 cup baking soda then 1/2 cup of vinegar down drain....once it foams.....flush with hot water - this is a nice spring kick-start of drain cleaning).
* Launder all towels & shower curtain
* Clean toilet, shower & tub (same vinegar solution works wonders - then you should use an all purpose cleaner for surfaces. Rust Raze is my go-to for rust or hard water stains).
* Sanitize any bath toys, loofas, brushes in dishwasher
* Wipe down all baseboards
* Sweep & Mop floor
* Organize cabinets & throw away or donate any unwanted or unused toiletries
* Strip Beds & replace linens
* Clean underneath beds
* Clean & dust closet shelves & remove anything you don't want - donate box! (This many need a separate day - we all know how closets can be a real chore) - but try not to put this off too ling, store your winter stuff in boxes, color coordinate your spring wardrobe if you are advantageous!
* Organize shoes & discard the old worn-out pairs
* Wash windows & sills
* Launder curtains
* Clean ceiling fan & baseboards
* JUMP ON THE BED!!!! Yep - release your tensions & have a little fun while you bring all the dust to the surface! Then vacuum the surface (without the brush roller).
* Vacuum or sweep floor
* Rotate or flip mattress
Family Room / Dining Room / Other Rooms
By now - I think you've got the hang of it....repeat all of your cleaning techniques above - getting down to the nitty gritty!
You'll be sooooooo proud of yourself & feel good on the inside too!
The GARAGE is a whole different animal - you may need help! Remove everything, organize tools, dust & wash garage doors inside & out, sweep, dust - discard old unwanted items, donate stuff - dust off and put back the stuff you're keeping! If you need to install a few storage shelves or bins to keep things organized for next year!
A few more tips:
* Replace light bulbs
* Clean Vents
* Clean & replace filters for heating & hvac units
* Wash (or hire someone for) your exterior windows
* Clean Upholstery & carpets
* Does a room need a fresh coat of paint? So many wonderful new spring colors available - why not?
* Replace batteries in your flashlights, pet collars & smoke detectors
* have candles handy for the dreaded power outages - and lighters or matches to light them
Wishing you a joyous SPRING & a fabulous summer!
Get Clean, Get Organized, Live well!
For a fabulous list of made in the USA household products - delivered right to your doorstep, check out my friend Elizabeth's website: www.yourcomfortforlife.com
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.