Double this recipe - because it's way too good to keep to yourself...and If you love Fall as much as I do.....you'll love the D'Licious aroma of cinnamon and spices in your kitchen!
Ok....getting really nostalgic here....I used to bake cakes in my easy-bake-oven for my mom as a little girl. This recipe brings back those memories every time I make it!
(Tears of joy.....LOL).
Let's get to it! Have fun.....and if you have children or grandchildren....YES, These cute little ovens are still available!
Makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk; stir in bananas.
2. Make a well in flour mixture and pour banana mixture in.
3. Stir together until just combined (do not overmix).
4. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle half of streusel evenly over batter.
6. Add remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining streusel evenly over top.
7. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour, 20 minutes. (If top is browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
8. Let cool in pan 20 minutes, then transfer using parchment to a wire. Let cool completely before serving.