Hello friends! I hope this post finds you at home, staying happy and healthy, the best way you know how!
All good in the "D" house....I'm blessed to be able to work from home, play with my pup...prepare some D'Licious meals and I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy!
Now if I'd get my late night snacking under control! Oh boy;)
I felt compelled to write to you because there's so much information being thrown our way on Covid-19. TV, radio and all platforms of social media, speaking mostly of staying away from crowds, washing hands, drinking hot
liquids, taking showers, washing your clothes and the like, which are all good measures! However, in order to be "less susceptible" to influenza and many other illnesses - our Immune System needs to be Healthy!
With small changes in your diet and routine, you can ensure that your immune system is strong enough to protect you against the virus infection. From sleeping for 8 hours to walking in the sun to eating a balanced diet, the ways are simple but they can assuredly be helpful if followed. Stick with it.... and witness the change in your body’s strength to fight illness. IT JUST HAPPENS!
I'm hyper vigilant (or hyper period...lol) on reading and learning about things I CAN DO to stay in control of the things I do to stay healthy. With the recent Covid-19 outbreak, it's truly time....now more than ever to learn about how to PREVENT illness and Boost your Bod with these all natural, AMAZING HERBS!
I wanted to share my "favorite few" with this little Herbal Glossary for your reading pleasure. Please use my Contact Form and tell me what you're doing to stay healthy!
MY "FAVORITE FEW" HERBAL GLOSSARY
>Prevents and can be used in treating certain cancers
>Used as an Alzheimer's onset preventative
>Skin Condition treatment
>Can benefit people with depression
>Aids in relieving arthritis
>PROMOTES FAT LOSS! :)
Other "Additives" to improve your Mood, Mind, Metabolism & Immune System:
Google it - you'll see...DO IT...and you'll see RESULTS!
Stay well friends and Please pass this on!
CAN YOU BELIEVE...it's 2020?! Well Happy New Year to you and yours!
Today seems fitting to share one of my Favorite "go-to" recipes when coming off the MANY Holiday Meals I've been so fortunate to partake in. My belly thanks me!
I know, many of us try to start off the New Year with resolutions, promises, resolves, diets and exercise programs that we seldom stick to.....So I thought I'd share how good it feels to just have made SIMPLE, daily changes and better choices in 2019 that have made a world of difference in the way I FEEL!
It's not about BIG results anymore...or how I LOOK in the eyes of other people (THANK GOD), it's definitely, all about how I FEEL at the end of the day!
In a Nutshell, here's what I do that works for me:
RECIPES FOUND HERE: http://www.eatdlicious.com/blog/must-not-miss-smoothies-info
I'm a BIG fan of butter...oh and bread...did I mention I LOVE BREAD? Well I do - and I have not totally given it up....but I don't eat a whole loaf!
Here's the recipe... I know, finally right? - NO BREAD INVOLVED that I think You'll like!
•1 head fresh Iceberg or Bibb lettuce
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•1 thumb-size piece ginger, grated
•1 red chili, minced, OR 1/4 to 1/3 tsp. chili flakes
•2 shallots or onions, sliced finely
•1/2 cup firm tofu, (optional) cut into "matchsticks"; OR 1/2 cup cooked chicken or pork, shredded, OR 1/2 cup cooked baby shrimp - or a combination thereof.
•1 carrot, grated or cut into thin strips
•5-6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
•1 egg (optional)
•1/2 cup shredded cabbage (any type will work)
•3 spring onions, sliced
•approx. 2 cups bean sprouts
•2 Tbsp. lime juice
•2 Tbsp. soy sauce
•1+1/2 Tbsp. fish sauce OR 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
•1 Tbsp. oyster sauce; Vegetarians: use vegetarian oyster sauce OR vegetarian stir-fry sauce
•1/4 tsp. sugar
•1/3 cup fresh basil OR mint, chopped if leaves are large
•1/3 cup fresh dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
•fresh bean sprouts
•OTHER: 2 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying
1. Drizzle oil into a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, chili, and shallots. Stir-fry one minute, or until fragrant. Stir-frying tip: add a little water or white wine if the wok/pan gets too dry instead of more oil.
2. Add tofu (OR shrimp/chicken/pork), carrot, shiitake mushrooms, cabbage, and spring onions. As you stir-fry, add the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce (or vegetarian substitutes) and sprinkle over the sugar. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
3. Push ingredients to the side of the wok or pan, and crack in the egg. Stir-fry quickly to break the yolk. Mix in with the other ingredients.
4. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry briefly to mix (avoid over-cooking or it will go limp). Remove from heat and do a taste test for salt, adding more fish sauce if not salty enough.
5. Cut off the stem part of the iceberg lettuce so it's easier to separate the leaves. Now place the lettuce, stir-fried filling, and the toppings on your table in separate bowls/plates, allowing family or guests to make their own wraps.
6. To assemble, take a whole lettuce leaf and place 1-2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center. Top with a sprinkling of fresh basil and peanuts plus fresh bean sprouts if desired. Then wrap up and eat! (For those who like it extra spicy, fresh-cut chili can be added as another topping.)
ENJOY Folks....and most Importantly, HAVE FUN in the kitchen and EAT D'LICIOUSLY!
Double this recipe - because it's way too good to keep to yourself...and If you love Fall as much as I do.....you'll love the D'Licious aroma of cinnamon and spices in your kitchen!
Ok....getting really nostalgic here....I used to bake cakes in my easy-bake-oven for my mom as a little girl. This recipe brings back those memories every time I make it!
(Tears of joy.....LOL).
Let's get to it! Have fun.....and if you have children or grandchildren....YES, These cute little ovens are still available!
Makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk; stir in bananas.
2. Make a well in flour mixture and pour banana mixture in.
3. Stir together until just combined (do not overmix).
4. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle half of streusel evenly over batter.
6. Add remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining streusel evenly over top.
7. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour, 20 minutes. (If top is browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
8. Let cool in pan 20 minutes, then transfer using parchment to a wire. Let cool completely before serving.
Blow Out Sale! Order yours Today Visit My Store an use offer code HOLIDAZE20